The conversation circle:
– every Thursday, 19:00 (Finnish time) onwards on Zoom
– some questions and topics are prepared beforehand for you
– participants talk with each other in groups of 2 – 3 persons
– before dividing to groups, participants have some small talk
– in groups participants use Japanese
– in case of Japanese persons, learning Finnish/English is possible
The study circle:
– every Sunday, 18:00 onwards on Zoom
– participants prepare short word list of their liking every week before the circle
– participants discuss about the words they have collected with each other in groups of 2 – 3 persons
– before dividing to groups, participants have some small talk (in Finnish)
– in groups participants have used mainly Finnish, but some use also Japanese and English
The extra relaxed circle:
– once in a while on Zoom
– Japanese persons join and talk with Nippoli members in small groups
– used language is preferably Japanese and topic is free
– after first talking 1h in determined groups, anyone can freely join to any group and talk as long as they want
– call time is decided with the Japanese joining and with the Nippoli members on Telegram
All study circles last 1-3 hours depending on you and your small group. You can get the Zoom links by joining our Telegram group chat or by contacting us directly. Invite link to the group chat is sent to your email when you join as a member.
You can also contact us via the Facebook or email: opintopiiri (ät) nippoli.fi.
Communications coordinator Pyry hosts the conversation circle, Kalle hosts the study circle and the extra relaxed circle.
Nippoli’s treasurer 2019 and 2020, current study circle representative